This Seasonal Berry Crisp is an absolutely perfect dessert for anytime of the year. Make it with fresh berries in the summertime, or frozen berries in the winter time. There is no way you could go wrong with this timeless, wonder of a dessert!
Try some of my other recipes!
- Blackberry Jelly – Uses fresh blackberries and is so easy and delicious!
- Best Baked Brie – Full of melty brie cheese and fruity Blackberry Jelly, this dish is suitable for appetizers and desserts!
Berry crisp is a very special and versatile dish, just throwing a few ingredients together will no doubt put you where you want to be! You can use whichever kind of berries you like, or any combination there of. You can make this a seasonal delight with flavors that explode!
For this Berry Crisp, I used frozen berries. The frozen berries are very useful if you are not in the current season for berries, or if you have left over pickins from previous seasons. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SEASONAL BERRY CRISP
- Berries – Most if not all berries will work
- Corn starch
- Lemon juice
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Brown sugar
HOW TO MAKE BERRY CRISP:
This recipe should make 2 berry crisps! I used a combination of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. The strawberries are not frozen.
Just slice up the strawberries a little bit so that you can spread them out in that pan, and also so that it can cook thoroughly and does not remain like a hot lava bomb when you go to bite into an oven fresh whole strawberry.
The frozen berries came from my aunt and uncles most beautiful farm! They have an abundance of both and we will one day too!
- Spread your dry ingredients evenly over the berries.
- Bake it all in the oven, let it cool, and enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Add you berries to your pan, frozen or fresh, either will look great.
- Add corn starch, and lemon juice.
Why add corn starch? The berries will pop and their juice will flow out.
Adding the corn starch to your berries prior to baking them will thicken the liquid as it comes out of the berries and make a thick, lovely sauce.
Mix the corn starch into your berries until all of your berries are evenly coated with corn starch.
Should look something like this!
HOW TO MAKE CRISP TOPPING
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- 1 cup of brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 of a cup of white sugar.
- 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- 1 tbsp of natural vanilla. You could use artificial too, truth be told, but I like to use natural.
- In fact, as a side note, Your own natural vanilla extract is quite easy to make.
- Melt 1 stick of butter.
- Pour your melted stick butter into your dry ingredients and mix well!
- Mix together until all is homogenous.
- Next you will split the Crisp Topping between your two rounds of berries.
Doesn’t get much more simple and delicious than that!
- Smooth the mixture over top so that there is an even layer across all of the berries.
- Now they’re ready for the oven!
- Place your lovely berry crisps into the oven.
- Set timer for 40 minutes.
- You are looking for a bubbly brown look, This could happen in 40 minutes, but it could take up to an hour.
- If it does not look brown and bubbly enough to you. Feel free you set the alarm for another 5 or 10 minutes again. If this still is not enough. Go ahead and do 5 to 10 more minutes.
- It should look about like this. Bubbly, and you oatmeal mixture should be nice and brown.
- Here you go! If your oatmeal mix has descended into your berries a little bit, that is no big deal! It will all be crispy, gooey, and yummy.
There you have your lovely Berry Crisp!
Berry Crisp is an absolutely perfect dessert for anytime of the year. Make it with fresh berries in the summertime, or frozen berries in the winter time. There is no way you could go wrong with this timeless, wonder of a dessert!
- 6 cups of berries
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tsp corn starch
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Cup of oats
- 1/4 Cup of flour
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Place your berries into your pan, add lemon juice and corn starch to your berries and mix together.
- Melt your butter, and mix your dry ingredients together.
- Pour the melted butter into your dry ingredients, add your vanilla and mix it all up.
- Evenly distribute crisp topping between your two rounds of berries and bake in the oven.
You can use frozen or fresh berries. That is part of what makes this dessert so easy. It is only a few ingredients and with no special or difficult steps. Throw it together and that is about the end of it!
- HARVESTING MARIGOLD SEEDS - November 19, 2022
- FERMENTED CUCUMBER PICKLE RECIPE - August 4, 2022
- AGUA DE FRESA CREMOSITA RECIPE - August 1, 2022
Subscribe to see more of the good old way!
I am glad to see you and hope to see you again!
AGUA DE FRESA CREMOSITA RECIPE | The Good Old Way
Monday 1st of August 2022
[…] Berry Crisp Recipe – Perfect and easy dessert for short notice events. […]
ITALIAN TOMATO PASSATA RECIPE | The Good Old Way
Tuesday 26th of July 2022
[…] Fried Pumpkin Flowers in my passata. One of my favorite, easy to make desserts to eat afterward is Seasonal Berry Crisp! A delicious Italian treat to eat for dessert or as an appetizer is Ice Cream Affogato. Which is […]
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY JELLY | The Good Old Way
Monday 11th of July 2022
[…] Berry Crisp – Which uses an assortment of delicious berries but is great for the extra blackberries around. If there are any that is! […]