Blackberry soda is an easy and effective way to enjoy a modern luxury, without all of the extra unknown ingredients, dyes, and flavors. This soda contains no caffeine or genetically modified ingredients and is made entirely with naturally derived ingredients and children don’t know the difference!
OTHER RECIPES THAT MY KIDS LOVE!
- SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS PUMPKIN SEEDS
- AGUA DE FRESA CREMOSITA – Delicious drink for kids
- ULTIMATE BOWL OF OATMEAL
- EASY WATERMELON POPSICLES
- HOMEMADE COTTAGE CHEESE
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE BLACKBERRY SODA
- Blackberries – These are wild blackberries picked this summer. We froze them quickly and we pull them out as needed for recipes.
- Lemons (optional)
- Soda water
HOW TO MAKE BLACKBERRY SODA
- Place sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries in a pot. Turn it to medium heat and cook it for a few minutes to break down the fruit.
- You can mash the fruit with a potato masher or just leave it to break down with the heat alone.
- The result of cooking this down will be a sweet blackberry syrup. Soda is not the only way you can use blackberry syrup.
- You can use blackberry syrup on pancakes, in shakes, and in “adult drinks” as well! You can’t go wrong with a delicious sweet syrup made with a delicious berry.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of a glass or plastic cup.
- Place a couple of ice cubes if the kids are old enough for ice cubes in their drink!
- If there is a risk of them choking then you can leave the ice out.
- Now pour soda water over the juice and you have sweetened blackberry soda! Made entirely with naturally derived ingredients and the best part is, your kids won’t know the difference.
RECIPE VARIATIONS AND TIPS
- You may multiply this recipe as needed depending on how many people you are making soda for.
- Add more blackberries to have a stronger blackberry flavor or less to have a more mild blackberry flavor.
- You can leave out the lemon juice but it gives the soda a delightful tang.
- You may adjust the sugar to be sweeter or less sweet depending on your preferences.
- Ice can be a choking hazard for young children so leave the ice out unless you know your child can do it!
- Last and most definitely not least, you can spike this soda with any of your favorite booze! This recipe makes a wonderful mixed drink. I would recommend a light rum or vodka. 1-2 oz should do.
- 5-10 Blackberries (or so)
- 1/4 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp of sugar
- Ice (optional)
- 1 cup of soda water
- Put blackberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a pot and cook it on low heat until the sugar melts and the pulp in the blackberries has broken down and formed a nice juice.
- Pour this juice, seeds, pulp, and all in a glass.
- Add ice if desired
- Top it with soda water
- You can multiply this recipe as needed for however many people you are making soda for.
- You may add more blackberries if you want a stronger blackberry flavor or less if you want a less strong blackberry flavor.
- Lemon juice can be removed but it adds a delightful tang to the soda.
- Sugar can be increased or decreased based on your preference.
- Ice is not necessary if there is a risk of your child choking on it. Ice can be dangerous for young children.
- Perhaps the best part, this recipe makes an outstanding mixed drink. I would suggest 1-2 oz of light rum or vodka.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.